Childs Engineering Corporation has an opening for an entry level/graduate Engineer Diver:
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- The role will involve working on a mix of projects located on the waterfront including Piers, Wharves, Bridges, and Marine Terminals, under the guidance of a Project Manager.
- The work will involve a mix of field and office engineering work with travel within the United States and overseas.
- The field work will include above and underwater inspection, destructive and non-destructive testing, topographic and hydrographic surveying, and construction oversight.
- The office work will include structural analysis and design, preparation of drawings and specifications, quantity and cost estimating, and report writing.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- BS degree or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering
- EIT certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Comfortable in and around the water.
- Willing to undertake extensive commercial diver training.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight, as required.
- MS degree with strong Structural, Geotechnical, or Coastal Engineering degree focus.
- Commercial diving certification (ADCI or equivalent).
- Familiarity with structural analysis software such as STAAD.
- Diving experience related to underwater inspection.
- NHI Bridge Inspector Course
- US Citizen