Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- The role will involve working on a mix of projects located on the waterfront including Piers, Wharves, Bulkheads, Seawalls, Bridges, and Marine Terminals.
- As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible the geotechnical elements of a project and either leading or working as part of a design team.
- You will be responsible for the QA/QC of the geotechnical elements of most of our projects as well as the mentorship of other engineers within the company.
- Typical projects will involve the inspection of a bulkhead and then design repairs or a replacement bulkhead.
- The work will involve a mix of field and office engineering work with possible travel within the United States and overseas.
- For the right candidate there is possibility for accelerated promotion to a senior management level within the company, if desired.
- 10-15+ years of geotechnical engineering experience with a focus on marine structures.
- B.S. degree or higher in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering
- PE registration
- Strong technical skills related to foundation design of marine structures such as piles and bulkheads.
- Experienced with geotechnical and structural analysis software.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight, as required.
- M.S. degree in Geotechnical Engineering (or a focus in it)
- Desire to lead a team of engineers and effectively manage projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in the structural design and analysis of marine structures.
- Commercial diving experience or the familiarity of the underwater environment.
- US Citizen