Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- The role will involve working on a mix of projects located on the waterfront including Piers, Wharves, Bulkheads, Seawalls, Bridges, and Marine Terminals.
- As a Senior Structural Engineer you will be responsible the structural analysis and design of a project and either leading or working as part of a design team.
- You will provide QA/QC to other projects as well as the mentorship of other engineers within the company.
- Typical projects will involve the inspection of waterfront structures followed by a structural analysis and recommended load rating of the structure, then the design of new elements or the repair or replacement of the existing structural elements.
- The work will involve a mix of field and office engineering work with possible travel within the United States and overseas.
- For the right candidate there is possibility for accelerated promotion to a senior management level within the company, if desired.
- 8+ years of structural engineering experience with a focus on marine structures.
- B.S. degree or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- PE registration.
- Strong technical skills related to structural analysis and design of marine structures.
- Experienced with structural analysis software.
- Diving experience or the familiarity with the underwater environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight, as required.
- M.S. degree in Structural Engineering (or a focus in it)
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE)
- Desire to lead a team of engineers and effectively manage projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in the geotechnical design and analysis of marine structures.
- NHI Bridge Inspector Course
- Commercial diving certification.
- US Citizen