Childs Engineering Corporation has an opening for a Waterfront Engineering Intern:
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- The role will involve working on a mix of projects located on the waterfront including Piers, Wharves, Bridges, and Marine Terminals, under the guidance of a Project Engineer or Manager.
- The work will involve a mix of field and office engineering work with travel within the United States and overseas.
- The field work will include above and underwater inspection, destructive and non-destructive testing, topographic and hydrographic surveying, and construction oversight.
- The office work will include structural analysis and design, preparation of drawings and specifications, quantity and cost estimating, and report writing.
- Enrolled in a degree program in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Comfortable in and around the water.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight, as required.
While diving will not be part of the internship, the option for dive training and experience will be available. The goal of the internship is to expose the engineer to what we do with the hope that they will go through commercial dive training and join us full time after graduation.